Wednesday 5 June 2013

Pursuit of 70's(ness)

No it isn't a change in name of this blog, more a change of direction.
We started some building work on our house and for this to take pace we needed to condense our living space, which meant moving some unnecessary items into storage. A long argument ensured as baseball cards fell into the unnecessary category. I didn't really have a leg to stand on, but I argued none the less. My baseball card collection takes up a cupboard (or two), there were piles of baseball cards on various surfaces and packaging materials scattered about. So I did what any loving husband would do and purchased some large plastic boxes and packed away the majority of my collections. In doing so I realised that I have accumulated a large'ish' collection of Red Sox relic cards and a hefty portion of cards from the 1970's.
At first I thought about ignoring them, but like many collectors having a semi completed set is difficult to ignore, it's untidy and unsettling. I have already added a lifelong pursuit of 1964 Topps, so adding 10 more sets to the lifelong pursuit category, on paper, didn't appear to be too much of a stretch.
In the next few weeks I will add some checklists and although I may not attack them as aggressively as I did the 1980 Topps set, they will slowly tick away in the background and will one day become  completed sets.
As of today, June 5th 2013,  I will try to complete all of the Topps sets from the 1970's.
Where to start? 1970 or 1979?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALL the Topps sets from the 70's? No challenge there then :)

But if you insist on your mad quest start with either 1972 or 1975... My personal favourites!

You crazy SOB!!!