Sunday 8 May 2011

The Royal Wedding Sticker Album

I thought that with any luck, being in Australia, I may have missed all the pomp and circumstance of not just 'A' Royal wedding, but 'THE' Royal wedding. However the Australian media was more obsessed with the Royal Family than the Brits. The daytime television shows were awash with stories, reports and interviews with anyone; sandwich makers, pizza delivery guys, people who happened to pass either of the lovely couple in the street.


I didn't see this sticker collection before I left, but those lovely people at Panini produced a commemorative souvenir sticker collection to compliment the forthcoming nuptials of Prince William of Wales and the commoner Catherine Middleton. 50 pages of gold embossed photographs of Royals past and present, 248 to be exact. All manner of pictures, unfortunately the one picture that is missing is of the lovely Miss Middleton in a white bikini on a yacht somewhere in the Caribbean. That would have been worth the price of the complete collection alone.


Alas it was not to be, although why that didn't stop me purchasing the album and some sticker packets is anyones guess.


Instead we are graced with pictures of the young couple looking longingly into each others eyes, of happy family groups and extended Royal hangers-on. The wedding has now come and gone, the papers are filled with more worthy items of news and the world continues to slowly turn.


Surely there must be someone out there who would appreciate this fine album and stickers. (six packets). I will even throw in some extra bits of Royal Wedding 'stuff'. Go on make me an offer...

3 comments:

night owl said...

There are a couple of people in the house fascinated by the royal wedding (I'm not one of them). But they're not card collectors.

Captain Canuck said...

I'll send you some Red Sox if you DON'T send it to me.

jackplumstead said...

I thought of you first!