Monday 13 July 2009

1997 Upper Deck SPx holoview cards


In a recent trade with John from Old School Breaks he sent along these three 1997 SPx 'holoview' technology cards. The hologram may have been the gimmick of the late 90's, I am however very impressed with these cards. When it comes to cards which are slightly off the mainstream I am a complete sucker and fall for them hook, line, sinker and copy of angling times.
There are according to my research a number of parallel cards, Bronze, Sliver, Gold and steel. Also these cards would have set you back an amazing $5.99 for a pack of 3 cards. I am not sure which BIG Mo and Nomar Garciaparra cards I have here, my guess being the Steel variety with the enhanced silver foil and your bog standard base cards. Whatever they may be I wish they would bring them back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack. Thanks for the shout. Check out my review of this product from last year.

http://oldschoolbreaks.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/1997-spx-baseball-review/