Saturday 23 June 2012

Easter Holiday baseball card haul

You just have to love a boss who makes yearly excursions to the USA and takes the time out of their busy schedule to find cards.
My head-teacher once owned a house in Florida, but to my disappointment sold it. I'm sure they thought carefully about the huge impact that selling the house would have on my card collecting. Unfortunately they just went ahead and sold it anyway.
Luckily for me, they love America. Although the house is sold their regular trips will continue.
This time around they went to Las Vegas, travelled down the west coast to San Francisco and Los Angeles but didn't find cards until they went to a Target in Florida.
On their return I was presented with this superb swag of goodies:

1 blaster of 2012 Topps Series 2
1 blaster of 2012 Bowman
1 blaster of 2012 Gypsy Queen
1 jumbo pack of 2012 Topps Series 1
1 jumbo pack of 2102 Topps Archives
5 packs of 2011 Topps Update 

They remain unopened, except for the Archives. The Topps 1980 design card in this set are fashioned after one of my favourite sets. I will open them all in search of Red Sox at 'Pursuit of Red Sox'.
Thank you Jane and Ashley. Long may your travels continue.

No comments: